Monday, June 6, 2011

What I Have Learned About Marriage in 1 Month

Hello, reader(s). In a new collection of essays entitled What I Have Learned About Marriage I will explore my journey throughout this new and exciting chapter in my life, detailing what I have learned along the way.

Age of marriage: 1 Month

Here it is, just over one month after Philip and I tied the knot at Toronto's Berkeley Church on April 30th, 2011. Here is what I have learned:

  1. Marriage is super fun! It involves lots of drinking and partying and people giving you copious amounts of cash in envelopes!
  2. Marriage involves renting an apartment in Lisbon when the weather is perfect, and having the time of your life.
  3. Marriage means you have leftover cake in your freezer that you will probably eat on your and your new huzzzband's birthdays this month.
  4. Marriage ensures that your fridge is well-stocked with all the beer that couldn't be returned to the beer store.
I don't know why people say marriage is work. I think it's all just a big party.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm. Interesting insight from the mind of a very newly wed. Here I sit after 9 years of marriage and having a slightly different perspective :) This could be interesting to follow.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.