Sunday, June 3, 2012

29 Weeks Pregnant and Slowly Counting

Okay. So my pregnancy has been pretty good so far.  Some light nausea in the first trimester, along with some major fatigue, followed by a second trimester burst of energy and glowiness, mixed with some heart burn, leg cramps and achy muscles, and now onto my final trimester, which is certain to feel longer than just 10 weeks. 

I can just tell.  

I was out shopping today and kept bumping into things.  I felt off-balance and tired, and whenever I caught sight of my reflection I thought, "That lady does NOT look happy." I went home and passed out for three hours.  Oh, what a delicious nap! Whenever I do this I try not to listen to that nagging voice in the back of my head that says, "Naps won't be an option when you're pregnant next time and have a toddler underfoot!" My inner voice can be a real pill.

The good news is, I went to the gym today. And I'm still sleeping relatively well, save for those times I just really need toast at 4am and those other times when I awake in agony because my leg has decided to seize. I'm also enjoying feeling and watching the baby move.  Slowly but surely we are gathering items for the nursery.  On Friday we had our new, plush rocker/recliner delivered. Nesting is good. 

I will try my best to enjoy these final weeks. I am in the home stretch, and it really has been a pretty good pregnancy.  But I do look forward to having my body to myself again.  And as much as these maternity pants seemed glorious at the beginning, I can understand how it will be lovely to get back into my regular clothes again.  And to drink red wine.  

Mmmm. Wine.

No comments: