Thursday, November 20, 2008

I love my 19th century hairdo.

Tonight we will be doing our first preview of A Christmas Carol. After several dress rehearsals and tech runs I think we're all itching to have an audience. During final dress last night enough silly little things happened to make it feel like a final dress (getting my skirt caught under some furniture, being seen in the house lights while exiting after the Act I blackout etc.). Y'know, those little things you need to get out of your system before you open.

I'm really happy to be doing this show with so many talented performers. Our Scrooge is Billy Vickers, a 21(!) year Shaw Festival veteran. He's a joy to watch. And the cast as a whole is made up of very strong and seasoned actors.

And you know what I love? My 1850's hairdo. I've been putting my hair up in a high bun, with big fat sausage curls at the side of my face. At first I was sweeping my bangs to the side, but now I've started curling them. I look like a gigantic doll and I love it. I'm not gonna lie: I kind of wish this hairstyle was still "in".




1 comment:

Michael said...

No pictures? hrmphhh.