Monday, July 6, 2009

Joshi's Holistic Detox - Day 15

Whoa.

Dr. Joshi posted a comment on my blog. That's really cool!

I have a ton of questions to ask him so I'll send him an email and hope that he has time to address them. Then I will, of course, post the answers here.

This past weekend at the cottage was much easier than I thought it would be. I wasn't nearly as tempted by the chocolate and booze and sausages as I thought I'd be. And fortunately my parents allowed me to dictate what we had for supper most nights. Saturday night we ate salmon with brown rice, asparagus and spinach salad - with tons and tons of garlic. And Sunday night we pretty much had the same thing, replacing the salmon with a lovely honey/lemon/garlic-glazed chicken.

One thing I'm quite enjoying on this detox is the hot lemon that I drink almost every morning. It's a delicious coffee substitute, and apparently does wonders for your kidneys.

On the way up to the cottage we were a little peckish so we had some hummus with carrots and rice chips. I also ate several bananas throughout the weekend, as I am wont to do.

I've definitely lost weight in the past two weeks, but I haven't had a chance to weigh myself so I'm not sure how much. My clothes are fitting more loosely and I feel lighter. It feels good! One more week...

3 comments:

Hanners said...

Please share the recipe for your morning lemon drink. I tried Joshi's detox a few months ago with little avail, mostly due to exam-period-boozing and hungry hangovers which ensued. At least thats what I'm telling myself.

Alison Jutzi said...

Hi Hana,
The lemon drink is just hot water and fresh lemon juice. My boyfriend noticed while reading Joshi's book that it's just supposed to be hot water with a slice of lemon in it, but I've been using the juice of about half a lemon. It's like Neo Citran that doesn't make you sleepy!

Lindsey Hayes said...

Alison,

I just set up my first blog EVER! I'm new to this...and I just searched to find someone that has blogged about Joshi's diet. That's what I set up my blog for. Anyway, was it really that hard? I had a friend do it who lost a ton of weight. I just feel like my liver deserves it! I need encouragement...and I haven't even started yet. The book is on order, and I am just preparing now.

Thanks!
Lindsey