Friday, November 25, 2011

What I Have Learned About Marriage in 7 Months

And now, the much-anticipated second post in my What I Have Learned About Marriage collection. You can read the first post here.

Age of marriage: (almost) 7 months
  • They say that the first year of marriage is the hardest, but I cannot see how the year after all the wedding planning is done could possibly be difficult. Not spending several paralyzing hours a week trying to pick out a china pattern at the Bay has been great for our relationship;
  • Saying "husband" and "wife" is fun! For the first few months it sounded almost silly, but now I'm used to it and I like it;
  • I haven't had as many people ask me when I'm going to have children as I thought I would;
  • Sometimes when you're married, people call you Mrs. Sullivan and it makes you giggle;
  • Sometimes when you're married, people call your husband Mr. Jutzi and that makes you guffaw;
  • That joint bank account we started is fabulous! I've bought more clothes with that money...I'M JOKING! IT'S A JOKE!
  • Those moments where we're alone and acting silly together are precious.

No comments: