Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Elicia McTrapp

Congratulations, Elicia! I look forward to seeing you on stage as Maria this fall.

Ooh, Monday night was dramatic. Simon wasn't there again. It turns out he was arrested on assault charges on Sunday, which makes me sad. I would really liked to have said goodbye to him because his presence was one of the most positive parts of my Maria experience.

In other dramatic news, there were many disappointed Janna fans in the audience and at home our final night. I have to say, though, if you're going to have to give up the role to someone, Elicia's your girl. She is genuine, selfless and a fabulous performer, so I'm sure Janna and the rest of the Marias are very happy for her. Yes, it was a competition, and all 9 of us runner-ups wanted to make it farther than we did...but I think for the most part we handled ourselves with grace, and were respectful of our fellow competitors.

I'm happy to have enjoyed one final appearance on Maria, but I'm really ready now to move on. The show has been the main thing on my mind for the last 6 months, and I need it to be over so I can prove to myself and others that I actually am able to have discussions that don't revolve around dirndls and goatherds and strudel and such.

No comments: