Sunday, July 27, 2008

I'll be in the audience tonight.

I'll be at the studio tonight, cheering on the final three Marias: Janna, Elicia and Jayme. Rumour has it they'll be singing some Andrew Lloyd Webber songs. Glad to hear it, as I much prefer when they incorporate musical theatre numbers into this musical theatre competition. 

So. I have 15 pages of notes that I plan to morph into a one-woman show about my experience. I write comedic songs and I'm thinking of incorporating several tunes into the piece. It remains to be seen, though, exactly what shape the show will take. Perhaps interpretive dance? Wait. No. That's a horrible idea. Must keep brainstorming...

It's been fun being back at the CBC with the girls*. Rehearsal has been replete with microphone jokes, which I love. We all have that thing that people will remember about us. I'm Mic-less Maria. Not the nickname I was expecting, but I suppose it could have been worse. It can always be worse.

*Mom, I promise one day I will see the error of my ways, and start using the word "women".

No comments: